Who we are:
Global Fund for Children works to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued. To that end, we partner with innovative, locally led organizations, helping them deepen their impact and build their capacity for social change. By pairing flexible funding with targeted capacity development services, we help our partners grow stronger and more responsive to challenges on the ground. Since 1997, we have invested $51 million in more than 900 organizations, reaching 11 million children and youth worldwide. Learn more: www.globalfundforchildren.org.
Who we need:
Do you love telling stories with both narratives and numbers? Are you passionate about using digital marketing strategies to advance social causes? Do you thrive by helping people and projects stay organized and working to maximize their audience and impact? We want to talk to you.
We’re looking for a full-time, remote Senior Communications & Marketing Associate to join Global Fund for Children’s global Communications & Marketing Team. You will develop, implement, and optimize our digital marketing campaigns and support our online communications and storytelling. This is a new position.
Reporting to GFC’s Director of Communications & Marketing, you will join a global team of caring and committed individuals who believe in investing in bold ideas to help grassroots organizations deepen their impact and advocate for children’s rights. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of GFC’s mission and vision, and to embrace our values of courage, passion, partnership, learning, inclusion, and excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Create and coordinate email and donation campaigns using GFC’s online fundraising and marketing platform
- Write and post blogs and stories on GFC’s website; create and update other web content
- Execute search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to increase organic website traffic
- Facilitate web development and digital advertising projects in collaboration with marketing consultants
- Collect, analyze, and share digital analytics and trends, and incorporate this learning into new audience growth strategies
- Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing Team to develop and implement GFC’s overall communications strategy, including support to digital fundraising campaigns
- Provide writing, editorial, and project management support for print and web publications
- Assist with media outreach
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2-3 years of direct experience in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- Excellent English writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience using email marketing and web content management systems to implement digital marketing strategies
- Experience in developing and growing networks of digital supporters
- Working knowledge of basic HTML coding
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain brand, design, and messaging consistency while tailoring content for specific audiences and platforms
- Collaborative team player, relationship builder, and cross-cultural communicator
- Proactive approach; ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Knowledge of community-based and/or international development, children’s rights, or other social justice issues
- Commitment to GFC’s mission and values
What we offer:
Work from anywhere: The Senior Communications & Marketing Associate is a fully remote role with a flexible work location.
Open to candidates globally: Qualified candidates in any region or country are encouraged to apply. GFC offers a competitive salary and benefits package for our employees the United States and the United Kingdom. Candidates outside these countries may be considered and contracted on either an employee or a consultancy basis (which does not include benefits), based on their location. The senior associate will join a global team of more than 40 individuals in 14 countries.**
US benefits: For employees in the United States, the minimum starting salary for this role is $45,000, with benefits that include generous paid time off, 100% employer-paid health insurance, and a 403b safe-harbor match plan.
UK benefits: For employees in the United Kingdom, the minimum starting salary for this role is £30,000, with benefits that include a 35-hour work week, generous paid time off, and a workplace pension scheme with employer contribution.
Office access: Employees based in Washington, DC and London have access to our dedicated office spaces in these two locations, with additional in-person and hybrid work options.**
How to apply
How to apply:
Please send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume or curriculum vitae, and (3) at least one writing sample by Monday, May 9, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Communications & Marketing Associate, Global” in the subject line. Please include your preferred work location and salary expectations in your application materials.
Position is open until filled for immediate hire, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GFC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We particularly encourage applications from communities that have historically been excluded from philanthropy, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and People of the Global Majority (PGM); candidates who identify as LGBTQ+; candidates with a disability, impairment, learning difference, or long-term condition; people with caring responsibilities; and candidates from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
If you are an applicant with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your request.
Learn more about us at www.globalfundforchildren.org.