Even though earning an income online can be challenging, there are plenty of ways to make money online. And with the wide range of opportunities, you don’t even have to be the best at something to start earning an income. There are side hustles that give you the ability to make money while doing the things you like, and plenty of them are free to get started. This post will cover six ways to earn money online and have fun simultaneously.
The first point on this list epitomizes the power of the web and its ability to transform lives by allowing people to make money doing what they want. For example, some people earn decent money by playing games which is the dream of many. However, when searching for the best games that pay real money, you must consider what you enjoy and the risks involved. For instance, if you opt to play chimes of chance, keep in mind that you can lose money as well as win it. Moreover, when gambling online, you should keep in mind a few factors, including:
- Security: In order to remain safe while playing, you should be aware of what safety protocols the website uses. At the very least, it should use an encrypted connection which you can see from the padlock sign next to the URL. However, if you use an app, double-check the developer and only download it via a trusted source.
- Game selection: Playing for money can become monotonous and dull without suitable games. Any website you use to play for cash should offer a broad range of games to keep things fresh.
- Flexibility: Most people use their mobile devices to play games these days, so you should check if they offer an app or a mobile-friendly website.
- Ease of use: If you play for money, you will need to deposit money in order to wager. Furthermore, you will need to withdraw it when you want to spend your winnings. Therefore, any site you choose should make it straightforward to connect to your bank and make it seamless to deposit and withdraw at will.
- Practice accounts: The top gaming sites will provide novices with dummy accounts to practice before spending real money. This is vital if you want to avoid losing or simply wish to play without using real money.
Sell handicrafts online
The idea of selling handmade products online has been around for a long time, but it is only recently that people have started to understand how to make it work. With the advent of platforms like Esty and, to a lesser extent, eBay, you have more opportunities than ever before to sell your wares online. Handcrafted items have become particularly popular recently due to the ever-increasing desire to move away from mass-produced products and towards objects with character. The key is to provide an experience that makes customers feel like they are buying something special and unique. When it comes to selling your items, you have two options:
- Create an Etsy account: This option is by far the most straightforward and enables you to access millions of users immediately. However, you still need to promote your work to stand out from the crowd. Moreover, you will have to pay a commission to Etsy each time you make a sale.
- Create your own website: This is arguably the best option for creating a brand, scaling up, and keeping 100% of your profits. However, it takes a while before you gain any traction, and you need to spend a small fortune boosting your website up in the search engine results.
Develop an Online Course
If you have a specific skill that you wish to share with the world, why not create an online course. You can sell your training via your own website or use services like Udemy, which provide you with access to their enormous existing user base. Nevertheless, students must be satisfied with your services if you want to create a recruiting income. In reality, this means that you need to create high-quality videos along with accompanying materials. Moreover, you must ensure that you are available to answer any queries your students might have.
Become a freelancer (In an activity you enjoy)
Freelancing has been around since time immemorial and has been a part of the internet since its inception. Nonetheless, it has only really taken off as services like Fiverr, Upwork, and others gained popularity. You can now take advantage of numerous other services available to ply your trade and earn additional income. If you want to succeed, you must ensure that you offer a service that:
- You enjoy
- You are good at
- You’re sure you can deliver on time
- There’s something you do that others can’t
Create a Blog
This penultimate point is somewhat of a slow burner but potentially highly profitable if you do everything right. The first step is figuring out what you want the site to be about. It can be about almost anything, but you should stick to subjects you understand and that have a relatively large consumer appeal. Fishing, travel, food, boating, etc., are fine examples. Secondly, you should set up your site for usability and speed. Once it is set up, you can begin creating all sports of keyword-optimized content that appeals to your target audience. Once you start rising in the SERPs, you can think about monetizing it via affiliate programs, advertising, or selling your own products (or a combination of all three).
Write and publish an ebook
Historically, publishing a book has involved an enormous effort in terms of writing, printing, and becoming attached to a large publishing house. However, with the advent of the web and programs like Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) program, it is more accessible than ever. Nonetheless, as with the other points, your ebook must provide something valuable enough to convince people to hand off their cash. It can be educational, fiction, non-fiction, whatever you please, but it must exist for a reason other than simply making money.
Earning money and having fun need not be mutually exclusive. In fact, the internet has enabled millions of people worldwide to become rich by doing the things they love. As long as you are providing a valuable service or product, you should find your path away from the 9 to 5 grind far more straightforward than you imagined.